Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Wednesday

This morning about 6am Benjamin woke up fussing.  I changed his diaper, which was not good.  Not to be extremely graphic, but I hadn't seen mucous before and it was definitely not normal.  He had another bad poop when I got him up at 9am.  I called the health clinic at the embassy and they were very nice, the nurse told me to monitor him and if he seemed uncomfortable or had a fever to call them back.  Thankfully he did well eating and drinking, and played all day.  He was fussy this evening, but I think that's his final front tooth coming in.  I was so stressed out, thinking he'd gotten an amoeba and would need to be in the hospital getting fluids.  Thankfully he seems fine and fingers crossed he'll be back to normal tomorrow.

I didn't have the make-up Arabic class this morning that I had planned to attend, so I stayed home while Emy cleaned windows and then left to meet Thomas for lunch.  It was nice to get out of the house, after seeing Benjamin behave normally I felt good about leaving.  My new lanyard had arrived, since I have to wear a badge at all times in the embassy I thought I should have something fun to wear.  The sweet lady who sold it to me from Etsy also made a pair of matching earrings that she included as a surprise.  It was exciting to get mail, we also got a Netflix DVD- Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows.  We watched it tonight, and I liked it a lot.  I'm a fan of the Guy Ritchie aesthetic.

Beautiful Lanyards on Etsy

After lunch I shopped at the co-op for bacon and a bottle of wine, some other random items.  I got home and Emy cleaned a little bit while I played with Benjamin.  I must say, having her come consecutive days is great, I just leave the dirty dishes from the night before and she washes them and puts them away.  Delightful. 

After Benjamin got up from his nap, he was fussy all afternoon.  It was relief when Thomas got home, he caught a ride with a friend.  He made dinner and then put Ben to bed, so we could have a little peace.  His teething must be pretty bad, he keeps waking up crying despite the Motrin I gave him earlier.  All in all, an okay day.  Pray for Benjamin, that his digestive stuff is over and he'll be less fussy tomorrow.  Oh and the eBay purchase went through, my dad paid using his PayPal and we'll just mail them a check.  Dad to the rescue!

-Rachel

2 comments:

  1. Hey Rachel,

    I don't know if this is helpful, but what you described sounds a lot like what I've heard called "teething diapers." Taryn had them a couple of times...basically when they teethe they salivate a lot which gets swallowed which changes their diaper contents. I hope this is what it was for Benjamin and not something more serious! When Taryn had them I had to be sure to have some diaper rash cream handy because that was the only time she got a bit of rash.

    I love your blog! Keep up the great work! :)

    Take care,
    Malinda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Malinda,

      Thanks for the reassurance. He acted normally yesterday, and today has been fine with no weird diapers. He's been teething forever, and I'd never seen anything like it so I went into immediate panic mom mode! Good to know it's happened before and isn't such a big deal.

      Thanks for reading! You're very kind. :-)

      -Rachel

      Delete