Friday, August 17, 2012

Finally Thursday

Hi guys,

It seems like it's been a long week.  Thankfully we have a long weekend ahead of us.  Thomas has booked us a night at the Moevenpick resort at the Dead Sea, so that'll be nice.  I was looking at the spa treatments available, and they are all super expensive.  I may skip on that, and just make my own little mud pack at the beach.  Okay, on to the highlights...

Today was good, I had my Arabic class and I feel like it's coming a little more each time.  I need to spend time actually practicing, if I did that I'd probably be way further along.  Thomas and I met up for lunch, it's so nice to hang out in the middle of the day.  I got home and played with Ben while Emy cleaned and made our bed with clean sheets and folded clothes.  She is a wonder, I'm so blessed to have her.  Benjamin didn't really take much of an afternoon nap, which was a total bummer.  I was really hoping to just lie on the couch and watch silly TV for a while, but oh well.

This evening was the usual Thursday night feast at the embassy by the pool, tonight was Asian night.  It was not great, honestly.  But it was nice to sit with people and chat and be somewhere other than home.  I think I need to start getting out more, but I don't want to get into the habit of shopping just as an excuse to go somewhere.

Today after I got home from my class, Benjamin stood up by himself a couple times, and took a few little steps.  Amazing!  I'm excited that he's progressing, or at least doing the same thing multiple times.  I'm really looking forward to when he's walking all the time, that kid is heavy.  I'm not a fan of carrying 25 extra pounds around.

Hm, not much more to report today.  The night becomes a wasteland of internet browsing and adding things to my Amazon cart.  I'm planning to make some homemade play dough, using this recipe.  My parents have graciously bought us a bunch of stuff and are sending a box, including all the jello.  Hee hee!  I'm super excited.  I hope Benjamin enjoys it.  I've also ordered some fingerpaints and paper, but now I'm wondering if I should buy an oilcloth tablecloth so the mess doesn't get everywhere.  This is my rabbit hole, I get sucked into thinking I need a thousand things.  Argh.

Enough rambling for today!
-Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment