Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day

Today I am so grateful for my mom, and Thomas's mom, and all my mom friends who have given me lots of advice and support.  It's definitely a day to celebrate, but I also know that lots of women aren't celebrating, either because their moms are gone or lots of other reasons.  So I don't want to be exclusionary and only talk about the mom experience, except to say that I am immensely grateful for Benjamin and the little baby in my tummy.  And I look forward to meeting the baby we lost, someday, in Heaven.

In fun news, Benjamin is obsessed with Goliath.  We read him a chapter from the Jesus Storybook Bible every night (along with Goodnight Moon) and he always asks for Goliath.  Hilarious.  I don't know how to explain that he's actually the bad guy in the story.

Action shot.

Handsome boy.

I washed Benjamin's South Carolina Gamecocks hat so it sort-of fits now, but still a bit big.  Definitely adorable though.  We swam at the embassy pool the past couple weekends, which was great.  We like to eat dinner at the snack bar, we can dry off a little before heading home, and I don't have to cook.  It's awesome.

Enjoying the kiddie pool.

We're gearing up for the summer season of goodbyes.  It's sad to see lots of friends go, but exciting to have met so many cool people.  Thank goodness for Facebook!  This past weekend I went to a fabulous baby shower and really enjoyed eating, visiting, eating some more, and celebrating a fantastic lady and her soon-to-arrive baby girl.  Man, I ate so much.  

Today was a little stressful, Benjamin has had a cold for almost a week now and it's turned into the breathing issue we've had before.  I gave him three nebulizer treatments today.  I'll see how he's doing tomorrow and might take him to the embassy clinic, I just get so nervous when he sounds awful and seems crankier than usual.  Poor buddy.

I'm feeling large and in charge these days, even though I'm only 23ish weeks.  Yikes!  Time is going by fast, we'll be in SC before you know it.  I can't wait!  Although it'll be a zoo trying to see everyone, I'll be glad to have a break from the Middle East.  

Benjamin's face here is hilarious.

Big.  Belly.

Over and out,
Rachel




No comments:

Post a Comment