Thursday, December 20, 2012

Nine Years

Hey guys,

It's been a pretty typical week, so I'll spare you the details.  Except I did get my hair cut on Wednesday, which was very luxurious.  The hair-washing-guy gave me a 15 minute head and neck massage, and the chairs in front of the hair-washing-bowl-things were massaging chairs.  It was delightful.  And I like the guy who cut my hair, but it definitely wasn't just the trim I asked for.  He cut in lots of layers, so it feels lighter, which is good, but I'm not sure it's a flattering hairstyle.  Once I figure out how to style it myself I'll take pictures and let you be the judge. 

I also got my birthday present from Thomas, I'm not sure if it's the same ring or not, but I love it.  And today, Thursday, I got a shellac manicure to tide me over until after Christmas.

I actually wear it on my right hand, but I can't take a decent picture with my left.  
 
Today is my wedding anniversary with Thomas.  We've been married now for nine years (did the title give it away?).  It feels like a long time ago, but also not long at all.  From Columbia SC to Greenville SC to Arlington VA and now Amman Jordan, he's still my favorite person and the person I most want to hang out with.  I'm so blessed, he's a fantastic husband and father. 

We ate at the embassy for dinner tonight, they had traditional holiday food and some delicious desserts.  It was fun to see friends and catch up a little, then we put Benjamin to bed early.  It promises to be a relaxing evening, watching "The Wire", season four.  Happy Anniversary!

And that's it for me, I'm going to take a little break for a week or so.  Have a very Merry Christmas!  Wishing you the peace of Christ and the joy of His hope.

-Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment