Friday, February 8, 2013

Benjamin Turns Two!

Hey guys,

Well, Benjamin's birthday is here!  Our sweet boy is now two years old.  Hard to believe that time has gone by so quickly.  We are so grateful to God for entrusting us with this little person. 

This morning Benjamin ate breakfast and then we opened presents, before Thomas had to go into work for a few hours.  I went a little overboard, I had bought a used tricycle before we moved but then also got him a book and a stuffed animal.  And a bell for the trike, cause why not.  Thanks to Mimi and Papa, Grandma and Grandad, and Aunt Priscilla and Uncle Trevor for sending such awesome gifts! 

It's like Christmas all over again.

This is technically an alligator, but we're saying it's a crocodile because Benjamin loves crocs these days.
We're calling him Lyle, because of the book.

Big box of Curious George.

Bear family puzzle.

So cute, you change the outfits on the Mommy, Daddy and Little Boy bears.


Book of poetry for kids!  Benjamin loves poems/rhymes.

Another George item from my parents, thankfully there's a balloon store nearby that filled it.

Thomas pushed Benjamin around in the tricycle, at great speed up and down the apartment.  And Benjamin likes ringing the little bell too, which cracks me up.

His feet don't quite touch the pedals, but he'll grow into it.

Zoom!

I was a little scattered this week and didn't prepare much in the way of festive food, but I did manage to make some cupcakes.  From expired cake mix...  Shhhh don't tell.  I think it's safe, I mean it gets baked in the oven.  I only had cream cheese frosting, so I made red velvet cupcakes.  Benjamin wasn't too sure about them, but had a couple bites.  He likes the cake part, not so much the frosting.  I think he doesn't like wetness or sticky things, so I got the fork out and that helped a little. 






I can't believe it was two years ago he was born.  It seems both like forever and not long at all.  Some days are really hard and I just hope he doesn't remember much, but then others like today are really fun and nice.  I'm glad I didn't try to do a big party thing this year, but maybe next year or when he's got more of an opinion about things we'll give it a try.  We are so blessed and thank God every day for him.  Benjamin Cade Larkin, Happy Second Birthday!

-Rachel

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, sweet Benjamin! We love you so much and are so happy you've enjoyed your 2nd birthday, playing with your new toys, eating yummy cupcakes, and being with your mommy and daddy who love you so much! Big hugs from us, and we hope we can see you before too long!

    love,
    Aunt Priscilla and Uncle Trevor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, guys! We'd love to host you, whenever you can work it out to visit us. Hope that it's soon!
      -Rachel

      Delete