Saturday, February 8, 2014

Back Again

Hey folks,

Yeah, it's been a couple months. Quickly, here's the rundown. Thanksgiving was great, friends had us over and I only had to make a couple things. Christmas was good, but Benjamin got so completely overwhelmed by toys that he freaked out every five minutes the entire day. Actually the past few months have involved lots of tantrums, which isn't my favorite. I need to do a better job of disciplining and praising positive behavior instead of just getting angry about disobedience and backtalk. I'm enjoying Daniel and his sweet baby-ness even more now that I know what happens when our sin nature comes out more as they get bigger.



Handsome little men

On January 1st we drove down to the Dead Sea for a little break from the norm. We stayed at the Marriott, we like it the best so far, it's laid out like a normal hotel all in one building instead of lots of little buildings all spread out, ala the Movenpick. I got a facial that afternoon while Thomas watched the boys, and the next morning he got a massage before we checked out. Having everyone sleep in the same room was a disaster, first Daniel woke up around 1am, then Benjamin. Not the most relaxing "vacation." I am plotting a girls weekend for sometime this spring.

Sunset
 
Today is Benjamin's third birthday. I can't believe it's been three years since I woke up that Tuesday morning, three weeks before my due date, and told Thomas we needed to head to the hospital. He's been a pill recently, but we love him so much. Not that long ago we weren't sure that fertility treatments would work, and prayed every day that God would give us a baby. How undeserving we are, and how gracious is He.

Showing three fingers. Ignore the chapped face, we're all sick.
Thanks for my tools, Aunt Priscilla and Uncle Trevor!

I'll try to do a better job of posting more regularly. Here's hoping!
Rachel

Love them


No comments:

Post a Comment